Friday, August 17, 2012

Jo Sonjas with Liquitex UMG testing SEALING

Today I sealed my limb that has been painted with Jo Sonjas Paint mixed with Liquitex Ultra Matte Gel.  I used Genesis Heat Set Matte Varnish straight out of the jar.  I worked the matte varnish on my pallet until it became more pliable, spread it out very thin on my pallet with my pallet knife and then pounced a dry cosmetic wedge in the matte varnish.  From there I pounced the matte varnish onto my limb and pounced it out to a thin layer.  I heat set the limb at 265 degrees for 8 mins on one side, flipped it over and heat set for 5 minutes more.  Once the limb had cooled off I took these photos with a flash.

Keep in mind this limb only has some mottling and a few flesh layers on it.  It is now nicely matte and has good subtle coloring.  The paints did not go orange or suffer any visible damage from the heat setting process.  I have laid the limb aside to watch it over time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment