Thursday, May 8, 2014

Little Tru has been a trouble maker!

On my last post I told you all I would be rooting hair on little Tru.  Well I discovered that her vinyl just did not want to hold the mohair.  The more I would try to root the more she wound up with holes and no hair.  I tried several different types of needles and even tried a layer of glue inside her head but her vinyl was just not going to hold hair.  So instead I removed all her hair, sealed her head up with Genesis sealers and painted her some hair then sealed it again.  

I also discovered that Tru is not as big a baby as I had previously thought and the patriotic outfit is too big for her so she won't be going home in that one.   After trying several body styles and sizes on her I settled on this one and will be finishing her tomorrow.  Here is another sneak preview.





She is not put together yet so she wouldn't sit up well for this photo 
which is why she looks a bit twisted here, LOL! 


No comments:

Post a Comment