Sunday, February 5, 2017

Working on perfecting my RebornFX Mixing

So I have painted my test belly plate. Tried to match it as best I could to my preemie skin tone on Rosie.  Rosie has more blue undertones on her belly but oh well.

Anyways, I used 50/50 diluent to the paint and 3-5 drops water in them.  If I added any more water than that for a color I offset it with 2-3 drops of Emulsion.  This time I got much less sheen.  This belly plate has not had any matting liquid applied to it at all and you can see it only has a slight sheen.

I plan to test the sealer liquid on it next but I want to allow it to cure at least 24 hours.  I am going to try the sealers on the test belly before I decide how to seal my Rosie.  

I got a little too much paint on the creases and it was grabbing fast by the time I tried to correct it so this paint does not rub off easily once it starts to set.  That is good!  I think I am going to really like these paints.






1 comment:

  1. This is super exciting news!! Thank you so much for being our guinea pig 😊 BTW, I love the colors you used on the belly button on your test belly plate 💗 and of course, Rosie is beautiful! I love her undertones!!

    ReplyDelete