Friday, October 28, 2011

Lil Dumplins Reborn Dolly Hospital baby

A local lady contacted me about trying to repair a BB reborn she had purchase from someone else. This doll belongs to her 10 yo daughter. She said the doll came to her reeking of smoke and she had literally soaked the ENTIRE DOLL in soapy baths trying to get the smell out. She had eye damage from where an eyelash came off and she tried to glue it on herself with super glue. So I was to fix the eye but once I saw the doll I knew it needed more than just that.

I took the entire doll apart because all the stuffing had to be tossed, the parts washed and the body and clothing washed to try to get more of that smoke smell out.

Let me say here that if you smoke, PLEASE don't do so in the house and around your reborning supplies. It just ruins them for those who are bothered by ciggy smells. You might not can smell it but everyone else can and it is horrible!

Anyways, here is what was inside the doll. Not the worst thing I have seen but not up to my standards. It is a good thing I took it apart too because there was wet poly fill and pea shingle where the owner had tried to wash the doll and it all had not dried out. Also the limbs were not sealed, just filled with this gravel and a bit of poly fill on top of that. Not quality work at all.




_______________

UPDATE TO BABY SUDELLA

Here is the little girl's Sudella now after having been to Lil Dumplins Dolly Hospital!
She has been completely taken apart, washed inside and out as well as her body. She has new poly fill stuffing and glass micro beads. I also inserted some wonder wafers to help make her smell good. She had her blushing and lips enhanced, nails redone, new eyes inserted and lashes. She had already bought her own new eyes and brought them with her. The hair was deep conditioned and trimmed. It is not good quality mohair but it looks better than it did. This body is not made to my liking either as it is very fat in the chest area but it wasn't in the budget to do anything about it. They requested she be stuffed more firm so she looks a bit robust but with clothes on it isn't too bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment