Monday, October 31, 2011

Neutralizing Gray Vinyls or How To Give Color To Lifeless or Gray Vinyls

Bountiful Baby has been experimenting with their vinyl colors and one of the recent releases is an awful gray coloring.  Due to the unpopularity of this color some good sales can be had on the kits though.  I thought I would take my chances on a couple and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

However, the mix is a mystery, LOL. I took the ethnic brown mix I had left over from my last session and added some of my crease mix to it that I had left over and then added some Pyrrole red 07. The flesh mix had some flesh o5 with a hint of blue & yellow and I think some burnt umber.

What I ended up with is a color that is somewhere between the color of silly putty and terracotta.
It is the color in the middle well here that I made.

 
Here is the painted head on the left compared to unpainted on the right. It has 2 layers of the mix I made on it. This is one of the sale kits I bought that I am going to reborn as a budget baby from my Simply Baby line. Now what I will do is mottle and blush her, paint creases, veins etc and then use a yellowish flesh layer last to pull it all together that will be a Simply Baby. My Simply Baby line are dolls that are made for older children, Alzheimer's and Dementia comfort therapy, or just any adult looking for a simpler reborn on a budget.

She/he will either be bald or have painted hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment