Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Sealing the PanPastels Test Limb with DecoArt Media Soft Touch Varnish Mixture

In this blog post I will show you photos and videos of the test limb I have been working on and how I sealed it.  This is another products test.

Here we have a photo of the test limb that has been painted with Baby FX paints and PanPastels and set with a DecoArt Media Ultra Matte Varnish spray mix fixative.  The powders seem to be very stable and have passed the squeeze/bend test for me.  You will notice that the fixative did add some sheen to the limb.



The next step in my process was to seal the limb using a mixture of DecoArt Soft Touch Varnish, Golden Glazing Liquid (satin), Baby FX matting powder and distilled water.  In the photo below you see on my 5" glass plate the amounts I used. You can add more or less matting powder depending on the look you want or none at all.    To the matting powder I added 10 drops of distilled water, melted the powder and then mixed all 3 together.  


Here are the links to the Youtube videos with further information:



Here is a photo of the limb taken by window light about 30 minutes after it was sealed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment