Thursday, May 26, 2011

Brooke Gets A New Life!

During the slow months of summer when things are not as busy and sales tend to be slower I try to take some time to work on some dolls for myself.

This is Ashton Drake Brooke.
Brookebody2.jpg  

Brooke glued on hair that had faded in color and was not great quality, funky long arms and her eyes had grown cloudy over the years.  I decided to take her apart and give her a make over.

I stripped off her glued on hair, removed her eyes and lashes and removed the paint from her nails.  I then accentuated her existing factory paint with Genesis Heat Set Paints for a more newborn mottled look.  I gave her new painted nails.  I also gave her new glass eyes with new lashes and sewed her a new cloth body.  I weighted her with glass micro beads and poly pellets.

Brooke now weighs 5.12 lbs and is 21" long.  She is a baldie.  She might grow hair later but for now I am just going to leave her bald because I like putting hats on her head and so she really doesn't need any hair. She is my keeper baby.

I had a time with the body. I got the proportions like I wanted them but this material has a little give in it and I had to take it in after I sewed it to make it not as fat. She is still a little Buddah baby! LOL I wish I could find material locally like the old doe suede that had no give at all.

Anyways, here is my new sweet girl!  I do love her!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

No comments:

Post a Comment