Sunday, June 12, 2011

I have been working on an AA baby

This isn't the first AA baby I have done but it is the second one using a Caucasian kit. When I painted Whitney and Lee Lee they both started as bi-racial vinyl and I just had to darken them. In the past I have found it very hard to get a nice even skin tone that didn't have a slight orange hue with a Caucasian kit.  However, this is the first one I have been totally pleased with my coloring. I started with a Caucasian Anastasia kit by Dee Stastney.  The original color was what we call a pink vinyl.  I had heard many other reborners say that pink vinyl is great for building an ethnic skin tone and based on how well this baby is turning out I would have to agree. 

This is where I got finished on Saturday.   I realized I forgot to do brows but other than that and needling Genesis Matte Varnish sealer  to knock down the shine she is close to being ready to root.  Once she is all rooted I will go back and gloss her nose and mouth.  Before she is finished I will also paint and seal her nail tips.


I rally like her limbs as she is going to be a nice chunky baby.  I like chubby babies!  Her head is larger as well, about 14 inches around so that will take some time to root.  Especially for someone like me to doesn't particularly enjoy rooting the hair!

I am hoping this bubble suit will fit her when she is done.  I think it will be the right size.  It has nice ruffling at the neckline and a colorful butterfly applique on the bumm.

Here is the baby so far.  Click photos for larger images.


No comments:

Post a Comment