Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dimples Dumplin in progress

Well I have been on a painting trend lately.  With having more free time in the summer sometimes I paint nearly all day!

This is the Dimples kit being reborned. She is a limited edition # 49/500, sculpted by Melissa Palesse.  I just LOVE the toes on this baby! I am also pleased that I got good 3D textured strokes on her brows with the Genesis Matte Varnish. I was trying to show that in the closeup photo of the eyebrows but the camera didn't pick it up. I wasn't using a flash so as to not wash out her coloring but the flash would probably have illuminated the brows better. I tried to give her a mottled look but yet subtle. I am thinking of rooting her some gorgeous dark auburn red hair that I have been really wanting to use.  I am going to try to root her some sparse auburn hair. Rooting sparse is not my forte as I tend to get caught up in trying to cover the head in hair but we shall see.

So here she is so far.  When this baby is finished she will be 22-23" long and probably about 5-6 lbs.  She will be going up for sale. Click each photo to see the larger version.










No comments:

Post a Comment