Thursday, June 30, 2011

Meet Baby Austin a new baby for the Alzheimer's Center

I have been working on another baby to donate to the St. Mary's Alzheimer's and Dementia Center.  I have also been spending some time visiting with the residents and helping out however I can during their activities time one day a week.  I can not tell you how sweet and wonderful the residents are!  They love the reborn babies so much and they also enjoy someone spending time to visit with them.

After I made the reborn Berenguer Shy Face doll that they named Angie after me, I decided to make them a boy reborn with the 1/4 limbs as well.  It seems that they really like the cuddliness of the softer limbed babies and I am also finding that it is better not to make the babies very heavy.  While we collectors and reborn artists find the heavier babies more life-like, the elderly find them a bit tiring to hold.  I have discovered that a 3-4 pound baby seems to be the best size.  This gives the baby just enough weight that you  have to support the head and the limbs still move well like an infant.

So here is the latest addition to be going to the St. Mary's Alzheimer's and Dementia Center.  His name is Austin.  He is 21" long and weighs 3 lbs.  Click on each photo to see larger image.



No comments:

Post a Comment