Sunday, January 15, 2017

Baby James, the Miracle Blend test baby

This is a James kit by Jorja Pigott that I have been trying out Miracle Blend paints on . Although these photos are not the greatest, I am posting to show this is how he is looking so far.

I have to say the coloring I have done on this baby looks good in person. Going to let him sit a week and see how he looks. The Golden Fluid Matte Medium that I used in with the paints to make them stick to him better works well but it does leave some sheen behind. At least that is what I think is doing it. Having not used the paints before I can not say for sure how matte they would be alone had I not used this product in with them. However, these paints are very thinned down right out of the bottle and I was concerned about the level of binders in them once thinned with water. I wanted to be sure to add some binding agent back to the paints so I added the Golden Fluid Matte Medium. I did not use any slow dry just that and some water and paint. Due to the fact that the Golden Fluid Matte Medium is heavy with binders that act like a "glue" for the paints, it does leave the vinyl slightly tacky while painting. I have noticed this with other similar products such as Golden Glazing Liquid Matte. This means that while painting the paint can attract fuzz/dust so a clean work area is a must. The tacky feel mostly subsides when the pieces are cured and once final sealers are applied to the vinyl this eliminates it all together.

I cannot say that I do or do not like the paints at this point. I can tell you from using the paints that they are not as concentrated as Baby FX and I definitely like my BabyFX paints much better. The lower pigment concentration was most noticeable to me when I discovered it takes more paint layers to build veins with this paint than I am used to. That could be good for those to tend to over vein their babies but for me, I prefer knowing I will get a good stain up front. I may have him a bit too mottled for a baby his age but I have had some to tell me the reds in this paint line do settle in a bit after curing so I will decide when I revisit him later.

Here are some quick photos. They are not the best for clarity and color but I will share them anyways. As always, I am so photography challenged!





No comments:

Post a Comment