Sunday, March 13, 2011

Babies' Day Out

Today we visited my father's church to hear him preach and have Sunday lunch with he and Mom.  It had been requested by the church ladies that I bring some reborns with me next time I came to visit.  As I was packing the car full of babies my teen aged daughter said, "Well Mom I didn't know we were bringing all the kids along!"

In tow was Whitney

Julianna  

William


And Kelsie.

It was fun to see how each lady would gravitate to a particular baby and begin to snuggle with it.   Whitney brought lots of smiles and comments about her happy face and white teeth.  Julianna seemed to be the favorite for cuddling.  One lady was quite taken with William and remarked how he was the same size as someone in her family's triplets were when they were born.  Everyone had to take turns holding Kelsie and discussing how realistic her weight, size and features were of a 9 month old baby.  I made sure to mention that she was currently for sale and that the others were from my personal collection.  I had one lady ask me if I didn't just want to sit and cuddle one of these babies all the time to which I replied that I quite often do exactly that. 

When it came time for me to go home I had no shortage of volunteers to help carry babies to the car and help secure them for their ride home.  It was a fun and rewarding experience to share these kids with them all.  Maybe some of them will get a Lil Dumplin of their own one day soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment