Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Deijah is born!

After a lot of work Deijah was finally reborn on March 27, 2011.  She is a nice sized baby at 21" long and 5.5 lbs.  I had initially given her painted hair but once I heat set the paint for her hair I didn't like the way it looked.  At that point I decided the only thing to do was to root her a thick head of hair.  This baby has more hair than I ever root on a typical reborn but I wanted to cover the painted hair well.  She is hand rooted, not micro rooted.  Her hair was then washed, cut and styled for this full curly look.  I think it really works for her.  I am not sure what her ethnicity is but to me she looks like a little gypsy or latino baby maybe.  She isn't as dark as most bi-racial reborns but is definitely darker than a Caucasian.  She is now available for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment