Thursday, March 24, 2011

Summer in progress!

I bet when you saw that title you thought I meant the season of summer is on the way!  Well spring has definitely come in with a bang of pollen coating everything yellow at my house and before you know it hot summer sun will follow.

I have spent the last 3 day painting on the Summer kit by Jacque Gwin.  I dug out my Genesis paints that I haven't used all winter.  Now that it is nicer weather it is easier to use the heat set paints since I do my heat setting in a table top convection oven on my back screened porch to avoid harmful fumes/toxins getting in my house.

I chose to give Summer a slightly warmer skin tone with minimal mottling.  She also has some nice skin texture.  I was going for an Asian or Asian bi-racial skin tone.  I had planned to give her very dark brown almost black rooted mohair but may end up going lighter brown since her painted wispy hairs came out lighter than I had planned.  We will see.  Here she is so far. Click on each image to see them in larger format.



I just love the detail of the hands and fingers on this baby as well as her facial features.  She is going to be a lovely baby when finished.  

No comments:

Post a Comment