Sunday, July 14, 2013

Silicone baby painting day 2

Today I added blue undertones, veining, crease coloring and flesh layers. My next step is a final blushing and then matting. This is a flash photo taken right after the last flesh layer was applied.

I was asked by someone why the baby is so shiny.    You have to paint a silicone doll with silicone paint. It is shiny until it is matted. It cures a little less shiny than this after 2 hours but it is still very shiny. Once you are done painting you then apply a thin clear silicone layer and a matting agent to make it not be shiny any more. The matting layer will also make the coloring more subtle as it knocks down the vibrancy a bit along with the shine. That is what is hardest to me is trying to estimate what I think the coloring will look like after it has been matted.


No comments:

Post a Comment