Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Silicone baby painting day 4

I didn't take any photos after day 3.  Today I finished up painting my silicone baby.  Tomorrow I will be putting the matting sealer on the baby and once that cures for 4 hours I can then finish the baby.  I think I will be leaving this baby bald and not rooting her/him.  The hardest part of painting for me today was the white nail tips.  There is a definite art to getting the paint on thick enough to make a white nail tip and yet not too thick because it will run.  I haven't mastered this technique yet but I finally got it done well enough to make it for this baby.  Here is a flash photo of the baby now sitting to cure.  The flash does make the mouth look more red than it does in person and probably the overall coloring as well.  Tones will be more subtle once baby is matted.


No comments:

Post a Comment