Saturday, July 13, 2013

Painting my first solid silicone reborn baby kit

With much timidness and excitement I proceeded to begin painting on my first solid silicone reborn baby kit today.  This kit is a Ecoflex 30 solicone Dawson kit by Rochelle Ferrell.  The kit makes a 17" preemie 1/4 limbed baby.  This particular kit is a boo boo kit in that he/she has a couple knicks in the back of the head and indentions in the fingers and toes.  The kit is still a very nice baby.

Here is the baby after day 1 of painting.  She has 2 flush layers of coloring.  Her tones are a bit too pink on her face at this point but it will tone down as I add flesh tones and other coloring.   Each layer of paint needs to air dry for at least 2 hours.   I have her set aside to dry over night now and will work on her some more tomorrow.

This photo was taken with a camera flash.


No comments:

Post a Comment